We Would Love To Repair or Replace Your Elastomeric Roofing Coating!
Elastomeric Roofing Coating
Elastomeric roofing coatings are commonly used in commercial and industrial roofing applications, and they can also be suitable for residential roofs. It's important to choose a high-quality elastomeric product and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper application to maximize the performance and longevity of the roofing system.
Get quick appointment and technical support: 602-548-3770
Elastomeric Roofing Coating
Elastomeric roofing refers to a type of roofing material that is made from elastomeric compounds. Elastomers are polymers with rubber-like properties, characterized by their ability to stretch and return to their original shape. Elastomeric roofing materials are designed to provide flexibility, durability, and weather resistance, making them suitable for various roofing applications.
- Material Composition:
- Elastomeric roofing coatings are typically formulated with elastomeric polymers, reinforcing fibers, and other additives. These materials create a resilient, flexible, and protective layer when applied to the roof surface.
- The elastomeric nature of these coatings allows them to stretch and contract in response to temperature changes and roof movements. This flexibility helps prevent cracking and deterioration over time.
- Seamless Application:
- Elastomeric roofing coatings are often applied in a liquid form, allowing for a seamless and uniform application. This helps create a monolithic membrane that adheres tightly to the roof substrate.
- Waterproofing and Weather Resistance:
- Elastomeric roofing materials are known for their excellent waterproofing properties. They create a protective barrier that helps prevent water penetration, protecting the underlying roof structure from leaks and water damage.
- UV Resistance:
- Many elastomeric roof coatings are formulated to resist the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. UV-resistant coatings help extend the lifespan of the roofing system by preventing degradation caused by exposure to sunlight.
- Cool Roofing Properties:
- Some elastomeric roofing coatings are designed with reflective properties, contributing to the roof's ability to reflect sunlight and heat. This can help reduce the roof's temperature and the overall cooling load on the building, making it a potential choice for "cool roofing" applications.
- Application Methods:
- Elastomeric roofing coatings can be applied using various methods, including spraying, rolling, or brushing. The application process depends on the specific product and the requirements of the roofing substrate.
- Elastomeric roofing coatings are often compatible with a variety of roofing materials, including metal, concrete, asphalt, and single-ply roofing membranes. This versatility makes them suitable for both new roof installations and roof restoration projects.
- Maintenance and Repairs:
- Elastomeric roof coatings are relatively easy to maintain. Periodic inspections and minor repairs can help ensure the continued effectiveness of the coating.
- Energy Efficiency:
- Reflective elastomeric coatings can contribute to energy efficiency by reducing the absorption of solar heat, potentially lowering cooling costs for the building.